We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Relocation Advice?

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hattiesburg...
Level Contributor
761 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Relocation Advice?

My husband and i are looking to relocate to this area. Every time we visit, we say we are going to move and this time we are serious...lol!! Quite frankly we are fed up with the hustle and bustle of big city life and want to move to a quieter area where we can enjoy the more simple side of life.

Any advice on moving out that way? what was your reason for moving or living here? what kind of business are you in? if you dont mind answering.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

nashville tn
Level Contributor
210 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Relocation Advice?

Knoxville is like Nashville. The traffic can be just awful especially around rush hour. However I have been to Knoxville during the morning and the traffic is always bad. I too would love to live in Gatlingburg but it's just not feasible. There are no jobs and since it is a tourist town housing is very expensive. So for now I guess I will just in Nashville and enjoy the beauty of the Smokies whenever I can which is pretty often. I am just glad that I am close enough that I can just hop in the car at a moment's notice if I choose and take off. It's about 3 1/2 to 4 hour drive which is not bad.

USA
Level Contributor
2,214 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Relocation Advice?

There are plenty of jobs in Gatlinburg--they just all pay minimum wage.

Hattiesburg...
Level Contributor
761 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Relocation Advice?

Thankfully, my company has recently opened an office in Knoxville and surrounding areas. ( i am a child & family therapist) My husband is currently in the process of transferring to the TN guard in Alcoa. So as long as he can find a civilian job in that area, we should be set! Then we just have to find housing and all that "fun" stuff!