We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fairfield river road vs Clarion

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
South Florida
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Fairfield river road vs Clarion

Last time we were in Gatlinburg we stayed at Best Western Twin Islands. It was a bit dirty and a little too far from the action. We are considering Fairfield or Clarion. Wea re looking for clean, balcony view, close to walk, atmosphere. Any advice????

Thanks

LM

Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
2,034 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fairfield river road vs Clarion

Not sure if you are a couple or family.

Both Clarion and Fairfield are nice. Clarion rooms are on the smaller side. Have not stayed in the Fairfield back on River Rd for a few years, It was very nice and I heard that they just had a major renovation within the last 6 months. Big plus I think for the Clarion are the balconies overlooking the parkway. The newer Clarion on the edge of town has gotten good reviews but not convenient to downtown via walking.

I will throw in a few other suggestions:

Mountain Heritage Inn just around the corner from Fairfield downtown is nice and very reasonable, although I recommend the newer building rooms that are right on river road. We have stayed there more than once, King, whirlpool, frig, micro, balcony,fireplace for about $98 peak season in Nov.

Zoders Inn. Has been a few years, but was very nice. We had one of the Dream Villas which is on the high end, but even their regular rooms get good reviews from this site, and the walk is not bad depending on which end of town you spend most of your time.

Bearskin lodge on the River is very nice with a woodsy atmosphere, we stayed there when it first opened about 5 yrs ago. If I remember it was on the high price end and a little far to walk, but you have to walk off all that great Gatlinburg food somehow!

The Greystone at the Aquarium also gets good reviews, but I have not stayed there

If you have not already done so, click on the "Gatlinburg Hotels" link on this site for several reviews.

Have fun!

Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
2,034 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fairfield river road vs Clarion

Sorry, typo in my last post. I ment the "Fairfield" on the edge of town, not the Clarion.

Marshall, North...
Level Contributor
384 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fairfield river road vs Clarion

Havent stayed at either but the last poster mentioned the Greystone at the Aquarium. I stayed there last month and it was clean and great location!!!

Portsmouth, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,037 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fairfield river road vs Clarion

We love Best Western Zoder's Inn located (next door to twin islands) but walking can become a problem. The clarion is nice however the rooms are small we always travel to gatlinburg in the summer and the rooms are too small for just me and my husband.

The Fairfield Inn is somewhat nicer but still alittle small.

The rooms at The Bearskin Lodge on the River are nice and newer hotel. The rooms with waterview balcony are nice!

South Florida
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Fairfield river road vs Clarion

Thanks to all! Jmh, I'm from Charlesto too althought I live in Florida. We are a couple, by the way. By the maps I can find, it seems that the Clarion and the Fairfield are closer to the action than Twin Islands. The Clarion may be a bit further than Fairfield. Am I right?

LM

South Florida
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Fairfield river road vs Clarion

Thanks to all! Jmh, I'm from Charlesto too althought I live in Florida. We are a couple, by the way. By the maps I can find, it seems that the Clarion and the Fairfield are closer to the action than Twin Islands. The Clarion may be a bit further than Fairfield. Am I right?

LM

Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
2,034 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fairfield river road vs Clarion

The Clarion is right on the parkway but on the opposite end of town from the Twin Islands right before the entrance to the Park, and the Fairfield is just about straight across from the Clarion but 1 block over towards River Road. I don't think either is too bad of a walk, actually from the Fairfield the walk down River Road is very nice along the river.

Indiana
Level Contributor
579 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fairfield river road vs Clarion

Although we have never stayed at the Fairfield Inn, we did look at their rooms and decided against staying there due to the rooms being a bit too small for us. They are in a good location, within walking distance to downtown, but still on the quieter River Road. We always choose Clarion because we feel that they have the most to offer and they do have a variety of rooms to choose from - some small, but also some very large ones. Breakfast there is very bountiful and good.