We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing near Gatlinburg?

Bay City, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,266 posts
1,282 reviews
Save Topic
Fishing near Gatlinburg?

Can anyone advise on the availability of fishing in/near Gatlinburg? We are staying at Cobbly Nob; a river/stream/lake anywhere near? How much are fishing licenses? Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Gatlinburg
Gatlinburg
Sevier County, TN
Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
42,418 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing near Gatlinburg?

Don't know the cost of fishing license, but they can be purchased at Wal-Mart or Bass Pro Shop or any place that sells fishing gear in the area, I think.

What kind of fish are you looking for? There's "catch and release" fishing in the national park where lots of brook trout can be found. I'm sure there's also plenty of varieity at Douglas Lake, but I don't know if you want to eat those or not (too polluted).

Mentioned in this post
Douglas Lake
Douglas Lake
204 Reviews
Dandridge, TN
2. Re: Fishing near Gatlinburg?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 am, September 05, 2009