We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pancake Pantry?

Under your bed
Level Contributor
334 posts
2 reviews
Pancake Pantry?

I always wondered what the big deal was about the Pancake Pantry. I keep seeing rave reviews for it on the Gatlinburg tourism sites I go to... has anyone here been? Could you tell me why it's so popular? People keep saying great food and prices... what makes the food great, and what is the price range? I'm trying to convince my parents to head over there one morning for breakfast (we are headed back for a week in June). Any info would be appreciated... thanks :)

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
263 posts
1 review
1. Re: Pancake Pantry?

The food is ALWAYS great. Any kind of pancake known to man. Huge omelets. Go to www.pancakepantry.com for more info. Enjoy!

USA
Level Contributor
2,220 posts
2. Re: Pancake Pantry?

It has great pancakes. What else do you want from a place called the Pancake Pantry? (I mean the bacon and eggs are good too, but they are just bacon and eggs.)

nashville tn
Level Contributor
210 posts
3. Re: Pancake Pantry?

Once you go there you will know what the excitement is all about. They have every kind of pancake that you can think of and some that you may never have heard of. Everything is made from scratch. They have real butter. You can top your pancake with just about anything. Therir omelets are the best. They will melt in your mouth. I could go on and on but you'll just have to try it. Let us all know what you think.

Gatlinburg...
Level Contributor
2,037 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: Pancake Pantry?

The Pancake Pantry just has high quality well prepared food.

You can get just about any topping on pancakes but the regular pancakes have a certain flavor about them that I have not tasted anywhere else.

And a tip from me, order the regular pancakes with the cinnamon cream syrup..... outstanding. That syrup is also served with the french toast which is excellent and the sugar and spice pancakes are also wonderful.

Little things like the mountainous bowl of whipped real butter, half & half for your coffee and courtious waitresses just make it a special place.

I do know that time after time while waiting in line, I hear people talking about how much they enjoy this restaurant and have been coming there year after year. It is not unusual to see a line wrapped around the building into the village waiting to get in. However the line usually moves very quickly.

You should try it at least once, I feel sure you will enjoy it.

USA
Level Contributor
2,220 posts
5. Re: Pancake Pantry?

Also, take a good look at the building. It's rather an amazing brick structure with a copper roof. It replaced the old Pancake Pantry (one-story firetrap) about 30 years ago.

The Pancake Pantry has been in Gatlinburg since the 1950's or so and, when I was raised there, was a traditional place to take the family for breakfast.

Every year the Lions Club would have their "Pancake Supper" there and everyone (every single Ogle, McCarter and Huskey)in town would show up for pancakes, bacon and scrambled eggs. It was a great treat for kid!

Under your bed
Level Contributor
334 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Pancake Pantry?

Sounds great. I told my parents everything you guys said. However, they want to know if this place also has waffles..? (before anyone thinks I'm asking a dumb question, the pancake place we normally eat at- Log Cabin Pancake House in Pigeon Forge- also has waffles too)

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
263 posts
1 review
7. Re: Pancake Pantry?

Yes they serve waffles. Enjoy!

Under your bed
Level Contributor
334 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: Pancake Pantry?

Thanks everyone!

Indiana
Level Contributor
579 posts
16 reviews
9. Re: Pancake Pantry?

I must agree with all the great reviews about the Pancake Pantry. We love the variety of pancakes they offer and the portions are HUGE. Since we always have several in our group, from elderly, middle aged and children, everyone is able to eat exactly what they like. Everything about the restaurant is just excellent and highly recommended by everyone who has ever eaten there.

Portsmouth, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,037 posts
53 reviews
10. Re: Pancake Pantry?

Another amazing place for breakfast is Log Cabin Pancake House

in gatlinburg. The food is excellent and prices are reasonable.