We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

places to eat

alabama
Level Contributor
116 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
places to eat

any fun places to eat that are not too expensive? any places with shows ,entertainment for a family or just a fun atmosphere? we are tired of the same old thing

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
43,615 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: places to eat

To me, everything is expensive in Gatlinburg, especially the nicer places to eat.

Most of the shows are down in Sevierville and Pigeon Forge, so there's not many in Gatlinburg itself.

The aquarium is one of the main family things in Gatlinburg. There's also a couple of mini golf places (Hillbilly and Davey Crockett come to mind).

There's more family things down in Pigeon Forge, like go karts, more mini golf, Wonder Works, and if they ever get it open, the Zorb.

Since I have no idea what your definition of "the same old thing" is, I don't know what you're looking for.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
43,615 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: places to eat

Some other ideas also.

Don't forget to go into the national park. There's the visitor center to see with its museum and movie, there's trails to hike, picnic areas to eat a picnic by a stream, and Cades Cove to visit ( a must see).

The national park also has Roaring Fork Motor Trail to drive (a scenic loop road along the side of the mountain). Sadly, Clingmans Dome road won't be open when you go, but you might drive up to Newfound Gap and see the views from up there.

3. Re: places to eat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 pm, August 27, 2009