We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Directions to Arts and Crafts loop

North Carolina
Level Contributor
556 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Directions to Arts and Crafts loop

This is our 4th year back to Gatlinburg and we have never gone on the arts and crafts loop. Can someone give me directions to how to get there? I am better with landmarks then light numbers so if you can tell me what is around where we will turn that will help.

Thanks in advance!

Mentioned in this post
Gatlinburg
Gatlinburg
Sevier County, TN
South Louisiana
Level Contributor
146 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Directions to Arts and Crafts loop

Grab a brochure when you get into town, and it will tell you everything that is there. The loop is located on 321, going out of gatlinburg,but not toward pigeon forge. As the infomercial says, if you have gone from 4 lanes to 2, you have went too far. You will see the Glades Center on the right, and the arts & crafts loop starts directly across from there, on Glades Road. That is the easiest way to start the loop.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
556 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Directions to Arts and Crafts loop

Thank you!

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
2,456 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Directions to Arts and Crafts loop

Eimmik,

Pull up the Hwy 321/East Parkway map(traffic light 3 in Gat) From Discoverthesmokies.

eastgreatsmokymountainsparkway.com/_virtual/…

You will see a Save A Lot(closed) on the left and the Wood Whittlers Complex on the right. Take a left on Glades Road to start the loop.

There is also a Arts and Crafts Loop virtual map to see all the shops with pics along the loop. You will loop back around to the East Parkway, coming back to 321/East Parkway on Buckhorn Road.

I see there are some new shops since we were there 2 years ago. We missed doing the loop in Oct 06.

Mentioned in this post
The Wood Whittlers
The Wood Whittlers
54 Reviews
Gatlinburg, TN
Buckhorn Inn
Buckhorn Inn
762 Reviews
Gatlinburg, TN
Grand Rapids, MI
Level Contributor
121 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Directions to Arts and Crafts loop

I haven't been down yet, but someone recommended that I get a map early. I called the phone number on the Arts & Crafts Loop website and had one mailed up to me in a couple of days. There are over 100 shops/business marked on the map, so it's nice to look ahead at which ones I want to visit. The map is very clear and the roads are well marked. I found this very helpful compared to looking at the website. Good luck!

5. Re: Directions to Arts and Crafts loop

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, August 28, 2009