We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Steak in the area

Asheboro, N.C.
Level Contributor
1,962 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Best Steak in the area

Ok TA Friends---

I have ate at most of the places in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area. Some places I like better than others for different reasons. Sometimes a place may not have the best food but they have a friendlier staff and other places have better food and rude servers

I would like to know everyone else's thoughts. Wo has the best steaks in the area and why you think this?

LC

Mentioned in this post
Gatlinburg
Gatlinburg
Sevier County, TN
Pigeon Forge
Pigeon Forge
Sevier County, TN
Marshall, North...
Level Contributor
384 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Steak in the area

Believe it or not, my husbands favorite is the "steak Calhoun" at Calhouns in Gatlinburg. I dont usually get steak when Im in Gatlinburg but I have been wanting to try Howards one day.

Mentioned in this post
Calhoun's Gatlinburg
Calhoun's Gatlinburg
3,436 Reviews
Gatlinburg, TN
Gatlinburg
Gatlinburg
Sevier County, TN
Portsmouth, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,037 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Steak in the area

Hands Down for our choice is The Peddler Steakhouse because

of the unique experience of it (they bring a cart to you with different

cuts of steak and let you choose the thickness and ounces.)

the steakhouse is attractive looking especially the seats beside

the window look out at the water stream.

Mentioned in this post
The Peddler Steakhouse
The Peddler Steakhouse
2,750 Reviews
Gatlinburg, TN
Covington, La
Level Contributor
25 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Steak in the area

In November my husband would have told you the Brass Lantern, however, we returned last week and The Brewery is now his favorite steak ever. So hands down he says the Brewery's steak is the best.

Gatlinburg
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg
Level Contributor
684 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Steak in the area

I believe the Peddler has some of the best steak I have ever had, but it is very expensi ve. The Alamo is also very good but also expensive. I believe both use grain feed mid-western beef. Cherokee grill and the Brewery have good flavorful steaks for much less money.

Mentioned in this post
The Peddler Steakhouse
The Peddler Steakhouse
2,750 Reviews
Gatlinburg, TN
Cherokee Grill
Cherokee Grill
3,452 Reviews
Gatlinburg, TN
Great Smoky...
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Steak in the area

You know that is what we was wondering we always pass by these resturants in Gatlinburg but we are always so afraid that they are really too expensive we can get away with a meal for 2 for under 50 bucks that is expensive but if the food is worth it that is great but not for 75 or 100 bucks I just dont see that help me out with the menu prices on some of these places people always talk about Calhouns, Park Grill, Smokey Mountain Brewery, Cherokee Grill, Peddler, Maxwells, Bullfish Grill, Sage Brush we would love to eat at a place that you normally dont see at home we have tried the Huck Finns, The Mill, Applewoods, Alabama Grill and so forth but never one of the expensive resturants so help me out please with some prices and where to go and where to stay away from.

Mentioned in this post
Gatlinburg
Gatlinburg
Sevier County, TN
Calhoun's Gatlinburg
Calhoun's Gatlinburg
3,436 Reviews
Gatlinburg, TN
Cherokee Grill
Cherokee Grill
3,452 Reviews
Gatlinburg, TN
The Peddler Steakhouse
The Peddler Steakhouse
2,750 Reviews
Gatlinburg, TN
Bullfish Grill
Bullfish Grill
2,992 Reviews
Pigeon Forge, TN
Alabama
Alabama
United States
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Steak in the area

I know it's not in Gatlinburg, but we really liked the Trailhead Steakhouse in Townsend last year. It was a little pricy but very good. It seems to be a fav of the locals too. Everybody knew each other - as a new couple would come in the door, they we almost certain to know several other people in the place. Not sure if it is a seasonal restaurant or not. Here is their number, and you need reservations:

(865) 448-0166

smokie

Mentioned in this post
Gatlinburg
Gatlinburg
Sevier County, TN
Trailhead Steakhouse
Trailhead Steakhouse
1,232 Reviews
Townsend, TN
Townsend
Townsend
Tennessee
ohio
Level Contributor
181 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Steak in the area

We love the peddler! We think the price is well worth the quality of the food and the atmosphere.

kentucky
Level Contributor
1,343 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Steak in the area

We really like the Prosperity Steak at Cherokee Grill in Gatlinburg.Any of the times we have been there the service was very good.If you are at the Five Oaks outlet mall, The Chop House located there has delicious steaks.The server we had there a couple of weeks ago was very friendly and we never ran out of drinks or bread.

Mentioned in this post
Cherokee Grill
Cherokee Grill
3,452 Reviews
Gatlinburg, TN
Gatlinburg
Gatlinburg
Sevier County, TN
Hattiesburg...
Level Contributor
761 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Steak in the area

Either the peddler or the cherokee grill. i have had excellent steaks at both places.

The first time that i had steak at the park grill it was fantastic, and the next two times it was terrible, so i havent been back since.

Asheboro, N.C.
Level Contributor
1,962 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Steak in the area

Wow this was great response. Now here is my favorite so far. The Chop House which is on the edge of Pigeon Forge. I have tried some of the ones mentioned but the Chop House to me has been the best. It is just somewhat too pricey for us when we have the kids with us. I wish I could find a place with good steak for a poor girls budget. LOL

Mentioned in this post
Pigeon Forge
Pigeon Forge
Sevier County, TN