We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cobblestone Cove vs. East Bay Suites

Which Grand Marais hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
State College, PA
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Topic
Cobblestone Cove vs. East Bay Suites

Hi. My husband and I will be traveling to Grand Marais Labor Day weekend with my sister, her husband and 5 year old. We are considering staying at Cobblestone Cove or East Bay Suites. Both places are a bit pricey for us, but we think staying all together, being able to walk around Grand Marais without driving too much, and having space to relax will be the best for all of us. :-) Does anyone have any suggestions or opinions on these places? Thanks so much!

Burnsville, MN
Level Contributor
538 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cobblestone Cove vs. East Bay Suites

It looks like Cobblestone Cove might be fully booked for that weekend. I've stayed at East Bay Suites, but in the quiet season when it's not so expensive.

Personally, I love driving along the North Shore, and have never found it a hassle with a 30 mile or so commute. That would definitely give you more options, with some cheaper rates, of Tofte, Lutsen, Cascade Lodge, Thomsonite Beach and Suites, etc .

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cobblestone Cove vs. East Bay Suites

I think you should consider looking at the Best Western. If you can get a lakeside room I think you'll like it, and it also has a small pool which will be a big deal for the kid (call and check, might be just a hot tub). It has been remodeled fairly recently. We have also stayed at East Bay and Cobblestone. Both are very nice.

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cobblestone Cove vs. East Bay Suites

I think you should consider looking at the Best Western. If you can get a lakeside room I think you'll like it, and it also has a small pool which will be a big deal for the kid (call and check, might be just a hot tub). It has been remodeled fairly recently. We have also stayed at East Bay and Cobblestone. Both are very nice.

State College, PA
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cobblestone Cove vs. East Bay Suites

Thanks for the suggestions! We ended up staying at Cobblestone Cove and we loved it! The set-up was great for out two families and my nephew had fun walking over to the registration area to get donuts each morning. We also took a drive up the north shore and found a beautiful Lake Superior Beach! Walking around Grand Marais was fun, but now I think we are ready for something else in MN since my sister and family have now been up to Grand Marais many times and would like something different (especially husband!). Thanks again!

Stillwater...
Level Contributor
822 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cobblestone Cove vs. East Bay Suites

Buckabean,

The "small pool" at the Best Western is a large hot tub.

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
106 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cobblestone Cove vs. East Bay Suites

We stayed at Cobblestone Cove this Jan. and skiied at Lutsen.

Loved the location..in town. We walked to a different restaurant each night.

Right on the Lake. Would like to return in the summer.

7. Re: Cobblestone Cove vs. East Bay Suites

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, July 24, 2016