We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Antelope Canyon in November

Which Page hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Palm Springs
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Antelope Canyon in November

My friends and I are going to Antelope Cyn early November this year. Local experts, please help me - I have no idea about what kind of weather is going to be in November, what kind of hiking gear we are supposed to have... One of us is a kid - 8 yr old... Is November still OK to visit the Canyon? Should I do the Upper or the Lower?? Any advce, any reply will be greatly appreciated!!

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Antelope Canyon in November

Most people visit the Upper Antelope Canyon and to do this you won't need any sort of hiking gear at all. You will be driven from the main parking area to the entrance to the Canyon. From here, you walk through the Canyon and it's flat, sandy ground. The whole length of the Canyon is only a few hundred metres and without stopping, it takes only a few minutes to walk through. The Canyon rises up from the floor which makes this easy to visit.

The Lower Antelope Canyon is on the other side of the road and you drive down a short track from the main road to visit it. I haven't been there so can't comment in detail. However, it's the other way round in that the ground level is the top of the Canyon (hence the names). You need to descend into the main part using ladders but with a young child you may choose not to do this one. You pay a separate tour fee for each canyon.

November will be fine weather-wise. These Canyons are very popular so a quieter time of year will probably be better if you're hoping for some peace there. I know flash-floods are an issue in these Canyons (presumably at any time of year) but the guides are well prepared for this sort of thing and close the Canyons if there's any risk at all.

Palm Springs
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Antelope Canyon in November

Thanks a lot - I kind of thought about going to the Upper Canyon, - safer and easier, and if there's any brave ones among us - let them do the Lower one.

Weather information has been a relief .. thanks. Definitely we'll go.

I hope the sun is sufficient for good pictures. I heard that the colors in the Canyon are different in winter than in summer. Is that true??

3. Re: Antelope Canyon in November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, August 15, 2009