We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Page Itinerary help--thanks!

Chevy Chase, MD
Level Contributor
49 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Page Itinerary help--thanks!

We are planning a early May road trip from Phoenix to Las Vegas. MOst of the itinerary is set. The last detail is whether to spend one or two nights in Page. We want to see a slot canyon, sunset over the lake, Horseshoe Bend. We like to take short hikes. Here are the two option:

Day 1 Leave Grand Canyon in am-arrive Page early afternoon

Day 2 Page

Day 3 Leave Page early, drive to Bryce, drive to Zion before sundown

OR

Day 1 Same as above

Day 2 Leave Page in early afternoon, spend night at Bryce

Day 3 Drive to Zion

We are spending 2 nights at Grand Canyon before and 2 nights at Zion after. I'm thinking it may be too cool to do a float trip comfortably which is why I am leaning toward option 2, but I'd love any advice. Thanks!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
58,751 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Page Itinerary help--thanks!

The float trip in May is usually ideal. April is more iffy IMO. But no matter what you choose, you're rushing. You might find that you can get by with just one night at the Grand Canyon National Park and add it to Page. Rushing from Page to Bryce and on to Zion in a single day is too much IMO. And you'll need a second night at Page if you intend to do the float trip.

I'm not discouraging time at the GC. But most people find the other destinations to be more activity oriented. The Grand Canyon can simply be over whelming for a first time visit.

Chevy Chase, MD
Level Contributor
49 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Page Itinerary help--thanks!

great advice, thanks!

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Page Itinerary help--thanks!

My pick would be option 2 and stay for the night at Bryce.

Kipling. SK
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park
Level Contributor
6,275 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Page Itinerary help--thanks!

You do have the length of day working for you in May, but even then, I will have to agree that Page-Bryce-Zion is too much for one day.

I am just overly biased, because you will not get quality time at Bryce. Page to Bryce to Zion is four and a half to five hours drive time. You will want to enter Zion with daylight to spare, as the scenic route on SR 9 down to Springdale needs to be seen and appreciated.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Page Itinerary help--thanks!

You also will lose one hour between Page and Bryce/Zion that time of year.

Cannock, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Page Itinerary help--thanks!

Hi can anyone help? We are planning an RV trip to the area in May 2014. We have a stopover in Springdale and then our next visit is Trailer Village in the grand canyon. We would like to smooth water raft as we have small children and the nearest place seems to be Page Az. Is it reasonable to drive from Springdale to Page for the 1pm raft trip which I think lasts about four hours then after drive onto Trailer village? I can't get a feel for the distances and don't want to spend 400 dollars on something we end up missing. Thanks.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
58,751 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Page Itinerary help--thanks!

Caroline, welcome to the forums.

I suggest that you start a new thread by clicking the orange Ask a Question box. This thread is unrelated to your inquiry and you'll not get many replies here.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Page Itinerary help--thanks!

I would not do it and spend the night in Page.

9. Re: Page Itinerary help--thanks!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 04, 2015