We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Colorado River Float

Roswell, Georgia
Level Contributor
746 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Colorado River Float

I just noticed on the CRD website that the half day float trip has been slightly altered due to the closure of 89 in the area. I guess they don't go all the way to Lees Ferry for the time being. Am I right to assume the trip is still worthwhile since they supposedly still hit the main highlights?

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
58,763 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Colorado River Float

Most reports claim that the modification is actually an improvement. You go down and back on what is arguably the best half of the trip. While you miss historic Lees Ferry, you also miss the long bus ride back to Page.

Roswell, Georgia
Level Contributor
746 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Colorado River Float

Great...thx RR!

3. Re: Colorado River Float

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, September 04, 2014