We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two nights in Page-Places to stay/eat/Itinerary advice

MS
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Two nights in Page-Places to stay/eat/Itinerary advice

In late October, we(2 adults) will be driving in from GCNP.( Any advice on lodging/meals?)

Spend the night.

Plan on seeing Horseshoe Bend the next am prior to river float.

Spend the night.

Plan on seeing Antelope Canyon before driving to Phoenix(I know this is appx 2 hour tour before a long trip to Phoenix-any idea how we can fit it in somewhere else?)

Thanks,

Kim

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
59,204 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two nights in Page-Places to stay/eat/Itinerary advice

Days Inn enjoys highest ratings in Page. Other hotels in town will also fill up too. Book ASAP. Your plan and timing works. Antelope Canyon is on the way out of town. Stop for a meal at Cameron Trading Post. If you have time to detour through Sedona via 89A to 179, do it. The detour will add about 30 minutes to your drive, but it will inspire your next vacation.

Roswell, Georgia
Level Contributor
749 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Two nights in Page-Places to stay/eat/Itinerary advice

Hi Kim,

We are planning the same trip leg in late October. We plan to stop at Cameron Trading Post for lunch on the way to Page from GCNP. There don't appear to be a lot of dining options in Page, so we might pick up some things from the grocery for one night since our lodging gives us use of a kitchen. We plan to buy lunch from the River's End Café for the River Float. The other options on my list at this point are Bonker's and Strombolli's.

I hope you are aware of the detour between GCNP and Page. I was really excited to hear that the temporary (long-term) route (89T) opened last week. But alas...it is open only during daylight hours and has a 25 MPH speed limit. We might opt to take the longer detour since the timing seems to be about the same.

We're also trying to fit in the Glen Canyon Dam tour and the Toadstool Hoodoos nearby, but those options might have to be dropped from our list depending on our arrival time in the Page area!

3. Re: Two nights in Page-Places to stay/eat/Itinerary advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, September 04, 2014