We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Page Trip on Sept 1-2

Toronto
Level Contributor
32 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Page Trip on Sept 1-2

Hi everyone,

My husband and I will be travelling to Phoenix from Toronto, Canada and driving from Phoenix to GCNP then to Page. We will be arriving Page on Aug 31 and leaving Sept 2. Since this will be our first trip to Arizona, I would love to hear what some of you think about our itinerary in Page. Our plan in Page are as follows:

August 31 (Monday)

Arrive in Page later afternoon after hiking at the South Kaibab Trailhead in GCNP, visit Horseshoe Bend

Sept 1 (Sunday)

Taking the ADVENTUROUS ANTELOPE CANYON PHOTO TOURS starting at 8:30am, which includes visiting the 4 canyons: Upper Antelope, Rattlesnake, Owl & Mountain Sheep (6.5 hours)

Possibly doing the Night Tour with them as well which starts one hour after sunset (around 9pm) for 2-3 hours.

www.navajoantelopecanyon.com/tours.html

Sept 2 (Monday)

Taking the Boat ride to Rainbow (7:30am to 2:00pm) and possibly another one of the cruise

lakepowell.com/tours/scenic-boat-tours.aspx

Leave Page and drive to Sedona

Questions:

- is this too much to fit into the time we are spending in Page?

- the weather forecast is saying that there is a chance of rain on Sept 1 and a couple of thunderstorms for Sept 2. I heard a lot about flash flooding and usually they would close the canyon tours. Usually how far in advance will they do this and what are the chances? Should we make alternatively arrangement to go elsewhere if the weather will be that bad during the days we want to visit page? I just don't want to take a chance to go all the way there and ended up doing nothing. Our whole trip is only 6 days.

- I read in other post that highway 89 will be reopened on Aug 29. Can someone direct me to the page where I can look at updates on that? I can't seem to find it ...

Thanks in advance for all your inputs!!

Horseshoe Bend Slot Canyon Tours
4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Photography Tours
Antelope Canyon X by Taadidiin Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Photography Tours
Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Page Trip on Sept 1-2

All views from The View are the same. Congrats on booking it. You won't be disappointed.

Wrexham, North Wales
Level Contributor
34 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Page Trip on Sept 1-2

Well done Meowmi on getting a room. May I ask if you phoned or was it on the web ? Our dates are booked on the website.

Edited: 11:23 am, August 30, 2013
Toronto
Level Contributor
32 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Page Trip on Sept 1-2

I just checked their website. Keep checking as they will have cancellations. Goodluck!

PS. Just arrived Phoenix. Let our road trip begin! :)

Roswell, Georgia
Level Contributor
762 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Page Trip on Sept 1-2

Enjoy your trip and please report back with your experiences!

15. Re: Page Trip on Sept 1-2

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, September 01, 2014