We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restroom break on raft

Statesville, North...
Level Contributor
320 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Restroom break on raft

Sensitive issue here but....looking at the half day Colorado River float in Sept. Looks to be about 5 hours which I know would include transport to and from. I drink a TON of water, therefore, I go to the bathroom a lot. I really hate asking this question but it will determine if I book this trip. Obviously there are no bathrooms once you get on the raft and apparently the water is FREEZING. How long is the actual float itself and are there restrooms right before you get on? I certainly would not want to wait 5 hours but I could 2-3 if I don't drink as much.

Thanks

huntingdon valley PA
Level Contributor
95 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restroom break on raft

Restrooms at office before you board the bus. Restrooms at the shore where you stop for a break. And don't forget, the return trip is uncomfortable if you are soaked.. But entirely worth it.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
2,227 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restroom break on raft

I check this out too for every tour I take during my travels, so you are not alone. About half-way through rafting, they stop on shore. You can get out of the raft (via ramp) to go to the bathroom, take a short walk to see petroglyphs, and get your feet (or more) wet in the water if you want to.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restroom break on raft

Janss is right and the restrooms were pretty clean when we went.

Statesville, North...
Level Contributor
320 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restroom break on raft

Yay!! Exactly what I wanted to hear.

Thanks everyone!!

5. Re: Restroom break on raft

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, August 02, 2014