We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with Page

los angeles
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Help with Page

I am coming from LA on sun, 1 night in Vegas for break, then to Lake Powell for 2 nights, Bryce for 1 and Zion 2 night, heading back to LA on Sat straight. Please give me some tip on Page if that is a good idea to go there.

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,843 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with Page

Page is a great place to go.Since you say you are going to Lake Powell, you will be right there anyway.(Unless you plan to go to Bullfrog Marina on the other end of the lake)

See Antelope Canyon, Horseshoe Bend and maybe do a raft or boat trip.

www.raftthecanyon.com

www.lakepowell.com

los angeles
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with Page

Thanks a lot fro the reply. I staying at the Lake Powelle Marriott and am there for 2 nights, hoping to see a lot. I am taking 2 children 6-8 y/o. Please any more suggestions would help.

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,843 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with Page

You can tour Glen Canyon Dam, which is almost as big as Hoover, less crowded and just as impressive.

You can go to Dam View off Scenic Drive near the Marriott for views downstream of the dam.

See sunset from Wahweap Overlook. Go to the floating restaurant at Antelope Point. Not sure when they open for the season, but there is also a wakeboard park at the same place.

There is the JW Powell Museum in town.

On the way near Kanab is a western movie museum, Best Friends Animal Sanctuary, and Coral Pink Dunes State Park.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
59,765 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with Page

www.visitpageaz.com

Lakeville...
Level Contributor
4 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with Page

Hey RedRox,

I was hoping to get some straight scoop. I was thinking of renting a house boat and spending some time with the family on Lake Powell. I see you been there, any thoughts? Also how is the cell phone service on the lake. I hate to say it but I do have to check in at work. Any info you have you be helpful.

Thanks Oldschool

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
59,765 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with Page

House boating and time on Lake Powell is a really special vacation. It is also costly and not simple. Do you have boating experience?

The key is giving it enough time and going far enough to really see the lake and the canyons. That also means taking yourself out of cell phone range.

7. Re: Help with Page

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 04, 2014