We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GC one day WW raft trip at end of April

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
93 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
GC one day WW raft trip at end of April

Hello! My husband & I are going to be in Vegas on business April 28-30. We were hoping to extend our trip to the GC and do a white water one day trip thru the canyon. Are there any such things or are they all 3 day or longer trips?

We have white water rafted in West Virginia and we have been to the GC 3 times.

I know this is short notice, but I am having trouble finding what we want on the web.

Thanks for any help!!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
62,426 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: GC one day WW raft trip at end of April

There is no such thing as a one day raft trip through the Grand Canyon. It's nearly 300 miles long and a full canyon trip takes six days at a minimum. Three day trips run either the upper or lower half of the canyon and require a rigorous hike in or out of the canyon to or from Phantom Ranch.

Since you've posted in the Page forum, and you have a single day available, there is one half day raft trip in Glen Canyon, highly recommended, but no white water.

There is also a one day trip in the extreme western region of the GC that claims to include white water, but in fact, it begins where most GC trips take out and IMO the scenery is inferior.

2. Re: GC one day WW raft trip at end of April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 18, 2014
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now