We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Route from Page to Bryce

UK
Level Contributor
51 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Route from Page to Bryce

We are first timers travelling from Grand Canyon south rim to Page, Staying 1 Night in Page then onto Bryce (Rubys)which route would be best.

Catlin, Illinois
Level Contributor
838 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Route from Page to Bryce

Hi Tony,

To Page take AZ-64 to Cameron Stop at the trading post there then North on US 89 to Page. Trave time 2.5 hours.

From Page take US-89 north to UT-12. It will take 3 hours or so. Be sure to slow down in the small towns. The police there are looking for speeders.

There are great views all along the route.

Enjoy Your trip!

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Route from Page to Bryce

Us89 already is a fine drive but taking Us89A even is more scenic. It allowes you to see Navajo Bridges, Lees Ferry, Marble Canyon and if you're lucky you might see Condors here. It's a longer drive from Page but you'll have the time on your way to Bryce.

UK
Level Contributor
51 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Route from Page to Bryce

Hi ,thanks for the info,for the 89a would i bare left at bitter springs towards Marble Canyon then towared jacob lake then head for kanab then onto bryce.,

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Route from Page to Bryce

Coming from Page on us89, you have to go to the right at Bitter Springs for us89A to Marble Canyon and Jacob Lake. It's signposted.

Endless Mountains...
Level Contributor
1,659 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Route from Page to Bryce

If taking 89a watch your speed as another posted stated.They do look for speeders.89a much nicer than 89 as Tet stated.I definitely would make a stop at the North Rim only 50 miles off 89a.Maybe have lunch at the Grand Canyon Lodge which sits right on the rim,SPECTACULAR and take a walk out to Bright Angel Pt gorgeous trail on the rim.As for staying at Rubys big Mistake,would not stay here for free.Why not get a B&B in Tropic much cheaper and way way nicer.many B&B's in Tropic.We always stay at the Bryce Point B&B in Tropic.Ruby's ughhhhhhh.

Have a great trip....

Sugar Land, Texas
Level Contributor
784 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Route from Page to Bryce

joeman, just out of curiosity : what is it that traumatized you at Ruby's ?

tonythetank, sorry for the hijack !

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
60,833 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Route from Page to Bryce

Yeah, what happened to you there Joeman? We've stayed at Rubys Inn several times and always found it to be adequate. The only downside was having to compete with all of the foreigners from the bus tours in the dining room. But it's so big, even that wasn't a big deal.

And they let us bring our Yorkies...

Endless Mountains...
Level Contributor
1,659 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Route from Page to Bryce

Not enough time to type my reply here.

But a very short response:

We have traveled from Pa by car out West about 10 times and of all the places I stayed in Rubys was the worst.The room was well dated,smelled like a chemical plant,and the food (buffet) pitiful.

Big argument over this with front desk when asking for a refund.No cigar but at least this led be to finding the lodging GEMS B&B in Tropic.

Went to Bryce several times and always stay at a B&B in Tropic.Bus tour people have no choice,like us but I try to tip off other people when asking about lodging to avoid "this place".

Rubys and B&B in Tropic like Heaven & Hell in my book.

Surprised RedRox that you stay at Rubys when these other lodging GEM's are available right down the road in Tropic.Much,much nicer,spotless,great breakfast,great hosts,and get to meet the most interesting guests from all over the world.We always stayed at the Bryce Point B&B,a real GEM.

Check out my review on TA on this B&B.

Also RR on one of your threads you mentioned lodging in Moab,try getting in touch with Moab Lodging (realty company),great places here if staying longer than a day.

No Hotels!!!!!!

RR love those Yorkies.....

Hope this satisfys the curiosity...about (Rubys)

Well never stay there again even if free...

A lot more to story but where can I fit it....

Bayoute if you think I'm traumatized,talk to my wife.

Joeman

Endless Mountains...
Level Contributor
1,659 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Route from Page to Bryce

Bayoute traumatized no, resentful YES

By the way did you ever hear of the word MONOPLY ?

What a sin......

By the way we left that night with no refund....

Bitter Bitter

but

they Need more$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
60,833 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Route from Page to Bryce

Monopoly?

To be fair, Ruby's family has operated the inn there for over 100 years. They've evolved, grown and dealt with all of the challenges. I'll admit that staying in a quaint B&B would be more desireable, but how many of them will let me bring my 3 Yorkies? And considering the ratio of options, Rubys will probably be taking care of 95% of all the tourist traffic at Bryce. I think considering that, they do a good job. If you happened to have a less than perfect room, the odds are they were getting ready to redo it. The place has grown so much that redecorating and updating is an ongoing activity there.

Sorry you had a bad experience, but I would hesitate to trash them whenever you are asked. It might lessen your credibility here.