We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day tours

Which Gustavus hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Talkeetna, Alaska
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
day tours

Are there any tour operators that offer a single day tour or even a two day tour of the Glacier Bay area? Kayak or bigger boat....

4 replies to this topic
fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
15,373 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: day tours

I don't know the operator, but there is a company that rents kayaks at Bartlett Cove. I am sure the Glacier Bay NP website would have a list of approved concessionaires. It is not "guided" but they help you plan the trip and outfit you. Then you take the Glacier Bay day boat and it drops you off and picks you up on the days you planned. The Glacier Bay day boat tour is a great way to see the park. It leaves about 8-9am and returns about 3-4pm. It stays close to the shore much of the time so you get a good chance to see various wildlife, both in the water and on the shore. There is also a whale watching company, Taz, that does whale watching trips from Gustavus.

Talkeetna, Alaska
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: day tours

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately the national park's last tour is September 2 and we are planning on being there on September 6&7. I even saw Taz's last whale watch was scheduled for the 5th. I'm trying to decide if the trip to Gustavus this late in the season will be worth it as far as activities or tour companies that'll be open...

fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
15,373 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: day tours

I didn't realize things start closing down that early. In that case, I would probably try to go somewhere else. A key to the park is the boat tour.

Winder, Georgia
Level Contributor
351 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: day tours

Try contacting Douglas Ogilvey in Gustavus for different guided tours.

Reply to: day tours
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted