We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glacier Bay - The east arm

Jerusalem, Israel
7 posts
Save Topic
Glacier Bay - The east arm

Hi,

We are family who like to take a tour to the East Arm. Can you reccomend us how can we do it ?

3 replies to this topic
jjo
Chicago
Level Contributor
482 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Glacier Bay - The east arm

The only tour of Glacier Bay is a boat trip run by the National Park service. You go where ever the boat goes that day. The only way I know that you can pick where to go in Glacier Bay is to do a multi-day overnight kayaking trip.

The park service boat trip is a full day excursion that I much enjoyed. I can't remember which part of Glacier Bay we visiting.

Hope this helps.

haines, alaska
Destination Expert
for Haines
Level Contributor
7,076 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Glacier Bay - The east arm

Ronit, I have seen quite a few of your questions........it would really be helpful to us who are trying to help, if you could keep you itinerary and questions all in one post........that way we can remember what and where you are going and you would receive more useful information......

I seem to recall you will be in Juneau, Glacier Bay, Haines-Haines Junction, Yukon Territory, and you will have children with you.....can you provide us with a more detailed itinerary, how many days in which places, what activities you are interested in ??.....

fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
15,478 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Glacier Bay - The east arm

I am sure you could charter a boat for a private tour of Glacier Bay, but it gets complicated. nps.gov/glba has a list of authorized operators but be prepared to spend big bucks vs. taking the normally-schedule day tour.

Reply to: Glacier Bay - The east arm
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted