We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do I get the the West Glacier Amtrak station?

Which West Glacier hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Redwood City...
2 posts
Save Topic
How do I get the the West Glacier Amtrak station?

We will be leaving on Amtrak on Saturday evening, July 27th and the rest of our group is leaving in the morning. How do we get to the West Glacier Amtrak station? Is there a shuttle service around the park that we can use during the day and it can drop us off at the station later? What should we do to "hang out" all day? (We are in our 60's)

Mahtomedi, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Glacier National Park
Level Contributor
2,051 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How do I get the the West Glacier Amtrak station?

The shuttle only goes as far as the Apgar transit center. Where are you staying the night before? they should be able to store your luggage for the day and offer suggestions as how to get to the depot. Somebody on this forum may be able to tell you if there is some sort of taxi from Apgar to the depot as I have always had a vehicle. Otherwise it's a two mile walk. I have hitchhiker in the park without any problem.

Redwood City...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How do I get the the West Glacier Amtrak station?

We are staying outside the park in a rented home. Others are driving to airport in Montana.

montana
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How do I get the the West Glacier Amtrak station?

Here's a reliable, reputable taxi service (but not cheap) Call ahead and get a price quote.

Flathead Glacier Transportation: 406-892-3390 Owner Randy, or one of his crew, will take good care of you.

For ideas on what to do....since we don't know where you are, try asking the vacation rental owners for suggestions. They should be able to help.

4. Re: How do I get the the West Glacier Amtrak station?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, March 14, 2017