We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

silver city or santa fe/

Which Silver City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
georgia
2 posts
Save Topic
silver city or santa fe/

Our family of 6, 2 adults 4 kids 10-18 are planning a road trip to New Mexico. We are going to Carlsbad and White Sands and don't know if we should go to Gila or Santa Fe. We love the outdoors but also Santa Fe seems like a neat place. Any insight is welcome

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: silver city or santa fe/

I live in Silver too. It depends on what you like to do with your family for a weekend. If you are all about the outdoors with a small art community and a bit of history, Silver City is the place to go. If i didn't live here I would like to visit for the bits of history alone.

That said...other than that there isn't much beyond. If you are into shopping and eating wonderful food and having the history experience Santa Fe (Old Town) might be the place for you. Keep in mind you can get some great deals in Silver City in terms of lodging cost, and wonderful spa treatments you won't find easily in Santa Fe. If budget is a consideration Silver looks good there. It's beautiful country here in Silver, but it IS remote.

12. Re: silver city or santa fe/

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:23 pm, August 17, 2009