We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coney Island

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
29 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Coney Island

Hi,

I wanted to know what Coney Island is like these days? I have seem a few mixed reviews about this, some are bad and others are pretty good. Has Coney Island had it's day and is it a waste of time going along?

I'm visiting New York in August, I know it's like a while on the train but don't mind if its worth the visit.

New York in One Day Guided...
812 reviews
from $83.99*
Special Offer
Bateaux New York Dinner Cruise
400 reviews
from $139.55*
$186.07
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,664 reviews
from $34.00*
Hudson's by World Yacht New York...
61 reviews
from $99.99*
Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,825 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Coney Island

It's recently been completely overhauled, but then it got hit very badly by the hurricane. I'm not clear on how much will be restored by summer, but they'll certainly appreciate your business. You'll get more responses on this one if you post in the New York City forum.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
29 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coney Island

Cool :-) ..i do love fairs, big kid at heart!! haha

Thank you, I shall ask in there also.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,825 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Coney Island

So you know, it's not a fair, it's an amusement park, though the difference may just be semantics.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
29 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coney Island

Arr yeah forgot in America it was called an amusement park, I'll try to remember that one!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Brooklyn
Level Contributor
1,886 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coney Island

It will be interesting to visit in the summer.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
29 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Coney Island

Is that a good thing? haha I can't tell.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Brooklyn
Level Contributor
1,886 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Coney Island

Of course. It is dead in the winter but alive in the summer with different New Yorkers than you would see in the tourist areas. It's totally safe with delicious food.

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
357 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Coney Island

Platna, I am planning on being in NYC at the end of April. Do you think things will be up and running by then? Thanks

9. Re: Coney Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, March 13, 2014