We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

parking near barclay center

Which Brooklyn hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
Level Contributor
26 posts
50 reviews
parking near barclay center

Going to a concert next saturday night. Should we go with prepaid reserved parking at a lot or find parking on the street. Never been to Barclay Center.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Wakefield
Level Contributor
6,098 posts
38 reviews
1. Re: parking near barclay center

If you can pre book and guarantee a space, then this is obviously the way to go. The Center itself has limited parking, and ideally located for Public Transportation with 11 different train/subway lines.

http://www.barclayscenter.com/arena/parking

Even their website recommends public transport. There will be 1000's attending, and you could end up circling for ages to find a parking space if you risk another lot or on street parking.

M

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
22,008 posts
2. Re: parking near barclay center

Much better would be to either take public transit the whole way, or park elsewhere and take the subway to the Barclay's Center. You will likely spend hours trying to get out of Brooklyn in a car.

NJ
Level Contributor
26 posts
50 reviews
3. Re: parking near barclay center

Thanks. Booked a spot. Public transportation doesn't work too well for us.

Edited: 8:09 am, November 30, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
22,008 posts
4. Re: parking near barclay center

Have fun, and please come back afterwards and tell us how your experience went.

NJ
Level Contributor
26 posts
50 reviews
5. Re: parking near barclay center

Hours trying to get out!!! Oh well, will have to hang out at a bar I guess :)

New York
Level Contributor
101 posts
6. Re: parking near barclay center

I really STRONGLY encourage anyone going to Barclays to use public transportation. The arena was (very stupidly!!) built in a residential neighborhood where residents have a hard time finding street parking. (I live a few blocks away.) Parking is impossible and traffic is a nightmare. The arena is right next to the Atlantic Ave. station where there are 9 subway lines as well as the Long Island Railroad. Even if you are coming from New Jersey, you are better off taking NJ Transit to Penn Station and taking the 2 or 3 line of the subway right to Atlantic Center.

New York City, New...
1 post
1 review
7. Re: parking near barclay center

Where can I find street parking within a couple of subway stops of Barclays Center? I am thinking about parking in Wall Street area and taking 4/5/6 a couple of stops. Anyone tried that?

Edited: 6:40 pm, February 12, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
22,008 posts
8. Re: parking near barclay center

There is no street parking in the Wall Street area. You'd have to put the car in a lot. Where are you coming from, and what time of day and day of week are we talking about?

Kingston, NY
Level Contributor
4 posts
23 reviews
9. Re: parking near barclay center

Hi DB418 - Wondering how this worked out for you, as I have exact same dilemma in April. I noticed many of the lots closest to the arena open late and close early, but the event I'm going to probably won't end until midnight or later, and we want to be there early to get on line for GA seating. Appreciate it if you could let me know. Thanks!

NJ
Level Contributor
26 posts
50 reviews
10. Re: parking near barclay center

We ended up parking at a lot across from Barclay and yes it did close at midnight so we were fortunate that the Stones show we saw ended before midnight. We got to the lot just in time along with the others Stone fans.

If we did it again, we might park in Manhattan and take a train over...so you might want to consider doing that.

Good luck!