We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sleep inn brooklyn downtown

Which Brooklyn hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brighton, United...
1 post
Save Topic
sleep inn brooklyn downtown

Hello,

Myself and my partner are going to New York on 27/12/10 and staying in the Sleep Inn Brooklyn Downtown.

I've just had a more in-depth look at the booking and it states that a room deposit will be required of either cash or credit card.

My issue is that I do not have a credit card, only a visa debit. My question is will this be accepted for the hotel deposit, or if not, how much cash will I need to reserve for the deposit as I want to make sure I take enough with me.

Help from anyone who has stayed at this hotel (or perhaps another Sleep Inn that might be likely to have the same sort of deposit rule) would be greatly appreciated. Many Thanks :)

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,770 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: sleep inn brooklyn downtown

This is a question that is really best addressed directly to the hotel. This is a fairly standard policy in US hotels, and what will likely happen is that they will put a "hold" on some amount of money in your account until you check out, in order to make sure that they will be paid for any room extras (phone calls, room service, minibar, etc.) that you charge during your stay. This is why it's always a good idea to have a credit card for travelling.

If you're concerned about a hold being put on your money, you should ask the hotel what their policy is for debit card holders.

2. Re: sleep inn brooklyn downtown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 14, 2011