We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pizza Near the Bridge and Not Grimaldi's

Fairhaven...
Destination Expert
for New Bedford
Level Contributor
1,806 posts
257 reviews
Save Topic
Pizza Near the Bridge and Not Grimaldi's

We're coming to NY this Saturday and are planning to take the subway to Brooklyn to walk the bridge. I have wanted to do this for eight years and are finally going to take the time to do it. We want to have pizza and ice cream before we walk over the bridge. I read the place to go was Grimaldi's. In reading the reviews, I see there is a lot of waiting involved. I don't think we would want to spend that time in line as we are only on a day trip and there are 13 of us. Can anyone recommend great pizza in Brooklyn near the bridge other than Grimaldi's? If you tell me Grimaldi's is not to be missed, do you think 4:00 - 4:30 is a slower time for them? Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Brooklyn
Brooklyn
New York
Grimaldi's
Grimaldi's
434 Reviews
New York City, NY
Special Offer
New York City Explorer Pass
456 Reviews
from $84.00*
$89.00
Special Offer
New York City All Around Town Hop-on...
1,954 Reviews
from $29.00*
$49.00
The New York Sightseeing Pass
94 Reviews
from $99.00*
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Brooklyn
Level Contributor
1,920 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pizza Near the Bridge and Not Grimaldi's

For 13 people, I would call them and ask if they can set aside a table for you - it's like a tour group. I am a Grimaldi's booster. As a native NYer, I eat there whenever I get the chance. All the other pizzerias in the area just don't compare.

If you simply can't get a reservation, 4 is certainly better than 1 or 6 as those are lunch & dinner, but it will still be a wait. Me, I think 1/2 wait is worth it.

Don't forget to get a $20 bottle of pinot gris with your pizza!

Mentioned in this post
Grimaldi's
Grimaldi's
434 Reviews
New York City, NY
Fairhaven...
Destination Expert
for New Bedford
Level Contributor
1,806 posts
257 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pizza Near the Bridge and Not Grimaldi's

Thanks for your reply. I didn't know if the locals ate there and it was just a tourist destination. Good to know.

3. Re: Pizza Near the Bridge and Not Grimaldi's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, January 11, 2010