We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are the trains from Brooklyn to Penn Station 24 hours?

toronto
Level Contributor
89 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Are the trains from Brooklyn to Penn Station 24 hours?

Hi there,

I will be visiting Brooklyn next week for a couple days . I was wondering if all the trains from Brooklyn to Penn Station are 24 hours a day. I have to catch a train back to Toronto at 7:15am and want to make sure I can make it to the station in time for the train. I don't know the exact location of where I'll be staying but I think it's near the Park Slope area.

I was also wondering if there are any good queer or feminist events happening next week? Or any good indie or punk shows? We'll be in town from Monday night to Thursday morning. Also any good vegetarian restaurants be appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Long Island City...
Level Contributor
40 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are the trains from Brooklyn to Penn Station 24 hours?

The trains run 24/7 usually every 10 minutes. Late night they run considerably slower, like every 30-40 minutes (I believe) but during rush hours they run every 5 minutes. You shouldn't have a problem getting it that time, if its a weekday it will be packed. To get to penn station from park slope give yourself at least 40 minutes. If its a weekend I'd do an hour (just in case). Becareful MTA usually does track work on the 100 year old system on the weekends and your train maybe local only. Maybe someone can help corroborate those times. As far as the gay scene- timeout has a huge gay events section and you can pick one up at any newstand. Chelsea is very gay friendly, you will most likely find something there.

2. Re: Are the trains from Brooklyn to Penn Station 24 hours?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, September 20, 2009