We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fairbanks to Seward Driving time?

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
522 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Fairbanks to Seward Driving time?

How many miles is it from Fairbanks to Seward?

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
40,807 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fairbanks to Seward Driving time?

I am approximating that it would be a minimum of a 8-9 hrs of driving - that is straight driving time, not including stopping for anything. Please tell me you aren't considering doing a drive like that in a day. :)

Seward,Alaska
Destination Expert
for Seward
Level Contributor
3,388 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fairbanks to Seward Driving time?

Almost 500 miles. It's a very long day of driving.. a good 10 hours just stopping for gas.

Wasilla, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
5,777 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fairbanks to Seward Driving time?

I live in Wasilla. I figure it's 6 to 7 hours going north Fairbanks. And then from here south to Anchorage I figure an hour. And then from Anchorage to Seward I figure about 3 hours. So 10 or 11 hours from Fairbanks to Seward. Plus bathroom and food stops. And road construction. And any other delays. If you hit Anchorage at rush hour, figure an additional 30 to 45 minutes just to get across town.

So could you do it one day? Sure, if you had to. But it would be a lot better to do it over two days. You'd miss a lot of good stops trying to do it one day.

It's almost 500 miles. http://goo.gl/maps/urZyb

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
40,807 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fairbanks to Seward Driving time?

Not to mention, I think you should make at least a 2 day stop in Denali . . .but perhaps, you just needed the mileage for trip planning? :)

5. Re: Fairbanks to Seward Driving time?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 21, 2014