We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much time do I need in Alaska

Which Fairbanks hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Buddina, Australia
Level Contributor
29 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
How much time do I need in Alaska

We are coming to Alaska to do a one way cruise and I want to see as much of Alaska as possible. Should I fly into Fairbanks first, spend a week there then catch train to Denali for a few days ,then train it to Anchorage for a week or so. Thought I might hire a car in both Fairbanks (3days) & Anchorage (5days). Our cruise leaves on 17th Sept for Vancouner. I thought I should leave Australia about 26th August. Has anyone got any suggestions. Cheers Lynn Sp

haines, alaska
Destination Expert
for Haines
Level Contributor
7,050 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: How much time do I need in Alaska

Oh, now I understand the confusion......Wrangell St Elias is reached by a fly out from Chitina......but Anan Creek Bear Observation is in Wrangell ( a town here in the southeast )........ you should be able to get to Wrangell to see the bears from a day trip excursion on your cruise........

Buddina, Australia
Level Contributor
29 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: How much time do I need in Alaska

Now I understand. So if I wanted to go to Anan Creek near Wrangell to see the bears how do I get there and if I am in Alaska from Aug 26th until my cruise on Sept 16th will I still be able to see the bears fishing. If not there where else do you suggest. Thanks

New Jersey
Level Contributor
3 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: How much time do I need in Alaska

Believe it or not I booked the same day! We had a sudden change in plans and Jane accommodated our needs. But I would suggest booking I'm advance.

34. Re: How much time do I need in Alaska

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:25 am, July 09, 2012