We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay on July 4th?

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where to stay on July 4th?

We are arriving by train at 8:00 pm on the 4th of July and flying out first thing the following morning. I'm looking for a place to stay that is convenient to both the train station and the airport (or has shuttle service to and from both). A bonus would be a hotel close to any Fourth of July festivities. Thank you!

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
39,835 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay on July 4th?

Well, the train depot and the airport aren't close to each other . . . and I don't know about hotels that offer train depot transport (as that is generally a summer thing and I don't stay in hotels during the summer in Fairbanks), but several offer it to the airport.

I don't know what Fairbanks may do during the 4th of July . . . maybe a parade? If so, that would probably be downtown, so you could stay at the Springhill suites by Marriot and I do know that they offer transport to the airport. You might do a search to see about 4th festivities before you book - hopefully, someone on the Fairbanks forum will add to this post. :)

Fairbanks, Alaska
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay on July 4th?

No parade. No fireworks either since it doesn't get dark. I think there is usually something happening at Pioneer Park. Maybe you could swing by the salmon bake that evening. I would probably stay somewhere that has a shuttle to the airport. Sorry I don't have a specific recommendation. I live in Fairbanks so have never stayed at any hotels. The train depot is near downtown. Airport is on the western end of town. They are not close to each other. But Fairbanks isn't very big, so you'll probably be fine wherever you stay.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,152 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay on July 4th?

We have stayed at the Comfort Suites on Chena Loop Rd, that provides complimentary shuttle to both the airport and the train depot. I'd give them a call to double check to make sure they will still accommodate your needs.

P.S. Come to think about it, I think the Rivers Edge may also provide shuttle service to both as when we camped there, I recall being over at the hotel and someone was booking train depot arrangements.

Edited: 8:44 am, January 19, 2011
albuquerque
Level Contributor
70 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay on July 4th?

you could try the Hampton Inn, they are very accommodating and a comfortable room

5. Re: Where to stay on July 4th?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 21, 2012