We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

No Port Royal forum, so...Where to stay/dine in Port Royal??

Which Fredericksburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
606 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
No Port Royal forum, so...Where to stay/dine in Port Royal??

It seems like a quaint old town and looking for a three day spring getaway as a good pivot point. I read good reviews about Edmont so it appears the choice but any other hotels in Port Royal? And where do you recommend dining? Is Port Royal Tavern still open?

Fredericksburg, Va
Destination Expert
for Fredericksburg
Level Contributor
822 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: No Port Royal forum, so...Where to stay/dine in Port Royal??

Hello. There really isn't much to Port Royal, certainly not 3 days worth of things to do and see, but if you type in Port Royal in the above search area TA will tell you that there is a B&B and a nice restaurant with good reviews. It's not really a town, more like a few homes and businesses along Route 301, with more homes just off the highway. If you want someplace with more, then look into Fredericksburg, which has alot going for it, or Tappahannock. Hope this helps, and enjoy.

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,586 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: No Port Royal forum, so...Where to stay/dine in Port Royal??

I haven't been, but according to this article: fredericksburg.com/News/…690199

the Port Royal Tavern has been reopened and re-named Lynn's Inn 1852 PRT, and there's a website: http://www.lynnsinn1852.com/

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
606 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: No Port Royal forum, so...Where to stay/dine in Port Royal??

Thanks Nursedude - appreciate it. Yeah, I didnt expect 3 days of action in Port Royal but thought staying at Edmont B & B in Port Royal, VA would be preferred to chain lodging in Fredricksburg. I intend to use Port Royal as a pivot point to wander over to Fredericksburg and other areas of interest. Thank you!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
606 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: No Port Royal forum, so...Where to stay/dine in Port Royal??

Thank you Zoey! I'm glad it reopened in January 2012. Was there an Aunt Jenny's Pancake House in town too or was that further up Rt 301? I dont believe that is still open. My last trip to this area was five years ago in late April 2008. At that time I recall eating lunch at Port Royal Tavern and the proprietor at that time telling me they had just reopened on St. Patrick's Day about a month before.

Edited: 8:38 pm, May 06, 2013
5. Re: No Port Royal forum, so...Where to stay/dine in Port Royal??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 08, 2014