We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

camping in small travel trailer

Ambler, Pennsylvania
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
camping in small travel trailer

We just purchased a small 15' travel trailer and need to be in Fredericksburg for associated business for the Boy Scout Jamboree in the end of July. I found Lake Anna State Park which is 25 miles away and full for the weekend. There is a KOA just south of Fredericksburg but it doesn't appear very interesting or inexpensive. Does anyone have suggestions as to where a good place to use our little trailer in or around Fredericksburg.? Anyone know of the Eagles Lodge offering a place to camp? Thanks.

Patty

Mentioned in this post
Lake Anna State Park
Lake Anna State Park
113 Reviews
Spotsylvania, VA
Fredricksburg VA/Washington DC KOA
Fredricksburg VA/Washington DC KOA
#1 of 2 Specialty lodging in Fredericksburg
Wilderness Presidential Resort
Wilderness Presidential Resort
#2 of 3 Specialty lodging in Spotsylvania
Aquia Pines Camp Resort
Aquia Pines Camp Resort
#1 of 2 Specialty lodging in Stafford
Fredericksburg, Va
Destination Expert
for Fredericksburg
Level Contributor
834 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: camping in small travel trailer

Hello. I really don't know about campsites, but if you go to yellowpages.com, type in campsite for 22401, you will get a listing. Several have websites. Hope this helps, and enjoy your visit.

Virginia Beach...
Destination Expert
for Suffolk
Level Contributor
1,633 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: camping in small travel trailer

Like nursedude, I don't have first hand knowledge about camping areas in Fredericksburg but sometimes when I need local information, I'll email the organizer of a local meetup group that is in involved in my activity of interest (usually hiking or biking). If you want to try it, this link is for a Fredericksburg biking group that also lists camping as one of their interests...................

http://www.meetup.com/FburgMtb/

Also, AAA has a free to members booklet that lists campgrounds.

Hope this helps.

Happy trails

Mentioned in this post
Richmond, Va.
Level Contributor
81 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: camping in small travel trailer

There's the Kings Dominion campground in Doswell, Va., near the amusement park. Doswell is south of Fredericksburg, about 30 miles south, I'd guess. That campground also is not too far (relatively speaking) from the Jamboree site-20 miles maybe.

Mentioned in this post
Kings Dominion
Kings Dominion
1,588 Reviews
Doswell, VA
4. Re: camping in small travel trailer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, November 16, 2010