We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Vancouver BC to Portland OR

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
95 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
From Vancouver BC to Portland OR

Hi,

We are planning to drive from Vancouver BC to Portland We would like to drive in one day but to make some stops and enjoy the vie, parks or cities. We are familiar with The Chackanut Drive, La-Conner and Seattle. Is it possible to Whidbey Island, Clinton and Langley in one day and to drive to Portland or is it too much?

Thanks

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,140 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Vancouver BC to Portland OR

personally I think its too much. Adding the additional time plus ferry wait time then you will most likely hit Seattle in afternoon when the freeway is backed up all the way thru north Seattle will already make a long drive that much longer. You might wish to consider taking I 405 south to avoid downtown traffic in Seattle.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
95 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Vancouver BC to Portland OR

Thanks. Yes, I agree with you. I looked it up and it is too much. Any suggestions to make the way to Portland more interesting?

3. Re: From Vancouver BC to Portland OR

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 pm, June 08, 2015