We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moving to Savannah

Which Savannah hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
munich
3 posts
Save Topic
Moving to Savannah

Hello there!

I'm from Germany and I'll start working in Savannah in March. Now I'm looking for a nice place to live. I think the apartments in the city are really expensive so I would like to move into a nice neighbourhood outside of Savannah. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help!

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,487 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Moving to Savannah

There are many less expensive places to live within the city limits. Savannah, as a city, covers a lot of area. Driving time from outside of Savannah could be a problem

You need to try to find something near an easy access to where you work. Some areas have really bad traffic problems. If you are working on the East side of town, there are some nice apartments on Wilmington Island.

This is the local paper. You can check out the classified listings for rental property.

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,487 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Moving to Savannah

If you haven't already done so, check out this apartment guide.

savannahga.areaguides.net/apartments.html

munich
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Moving to Savannah

Hello Aileen679, thank you so much for your help. I'll check it out right now!

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,487 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Moving to Savannah

OOPS!!! I forgot to give you the local paper site. It's

http://www.savannahnow.com/

If you don't plan to have a car, you best bet would be one of the apartment complexes on Abercorn. It has frequent bus service.

5. Re: Moving to Savannah

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

We're sorry - the TripAdvisor staff closed this topic because TripAdvisor does not facilitate discussions about relocation or real estate purchases because these topics are not considered to be travel-related.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:44 pm, January 22, 2007