We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best area to stay in Spring

Which Savannah hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Delaware
Level Contributor
1,545 posts
Save Topic
Best area to stay in Spring

We are planning a short two night stay in Savannah this spring. Where is the best area and hotel recommendations for our stay. We want to be able to walk to dinner and bars. Our days are planned so we are just looking for recommendations to enjoy the nightlife. We will be staying on a Thursday and Friday night. Thanks in advance.

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
11,098 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best area to stay in Spring

Just about any place in the historic district. There are about a dozen hotels I like along Bay street or within a block or two.

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,545 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best area to stay in Spring

Can you name a couple. Prefer a balcony but there doesn't seem to be many in the historic district.

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
11,098 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best area to stay in Spring

Planter's Inn, Hampton Inn at Bay and Abercorn, Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge Suites.

Bohemian, Hyatt, Riverstreet Inn.

The Brice is a new Kimpton hotel, in the former Mulberry Inn location. It should be great, although I've not stayed there (yet).

The Planter's Inn has a balcony room overlooking a gorgeous square and it's next to the Pink House, the best restaurant in Savannah (IMO). The other's aren't far away and some have balconies.

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,545 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best area to stay in Spring

Thank you for all your help.

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
117 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best area to stay in Spring

The Cotton Sail has just opened and I've heard great things about it, but haven't stayed there. The Andaz seems to be very popular with friends and coworkers but I don't know if they have balconies or not.

6. Re: Best area to stay in Spring

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, July 23, 2015