We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving in to Savannah

Which Savannah hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
706 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Driving in to Savannah

Hi. We are going to drive up to Savannah for a trip in two weeks. Since it's a 7+ hour drive for us our idea is to come up the day before and stop outside of Savannah for the night prior to arrival. Is there a decent hotel to stay the night an hour or so outside of Savannah (coming from Fla)? Thanks in advance.

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
13,396 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving in to Savannah

We are going to drive up from Florida next May and have found the Holiday Inn I 95 Brunswick. Have a look at it on TA under "Hotels in Brunswick".

Wilkesboro, North...
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving in to Savannah

Here's a hotel just off I-95.

…hilton.com/en/…index.html

Fernandina Beach FL
Destination Expert
for Amelia Island, Fernandina Beach
Level Contributor
1,622 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving in to Savannah

Are you looking for just a place to lay your head in your overnight stay or for a destination for some sightseeing and dinner? If the former, I would say that there are a number of reasonably priced chain hotels in Brunswick around exit 38 and there is a small mall there surrounded by a wide variety of restaurants. This would put you about an hour and 20 minutes outside downtown Savannah. Another option a bit closer to Savannah would be Exit 94 where you are less than 25 minutes from downtown Savannah.

If you are looking for the latter, you could stay at one of the I-95 Brunswick hotels and take the 15 minute drive over to St. Simons Island with lots of dining options as well as some nice historical sightseeing (lighthouse, Christ Church, Fort Frederica, etc.).

Hope this helps.

4. Re: Driving in to Savannah

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 20, 2015