We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Priceline Hotels

Texas
Level Contributor
49 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Priceline Hotels

Having a hard time finding under $200.00/good location for a two night stay. I'm a little late in the planning will be in Savannah in about 10 days. I have not before tried Priceline, anyone have any tips on this or other such sites? Thanks in advance, looking forward to seeing Savannah for the first time.

HAZARD, KY
Level Contributor
34 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Priceline Hotels

I have never tried priceline name your on price for savannah. I have tried it many times in other cities and I have always been pleased with the hotel I got. Choose 3-4 star and you will be fine.

atlanta ga
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Priceline Hotels

If you bid 4 star or above in Savannah (which you should do in any city on priceline), you will get the Westin that is across the river from the HD, usually for under $100/night. It has a free ferry-boat ride across the river, and is a pretty nice hotel. The only down side is that the pool is only 3 foot deep. Note that on priceline you are only guaranteed one bed per room, unless you immediately call afterwards and make arrangements with that hotel, so if you have 4 people in your party, you need to consider that, especially with a 10-day window.

I do not want to sound negative, as we have only used priceline for all of our hotels for the last 10-15 years, and have been very pleased, but you need to know the rules, and what you get. Also note that using priceline for Hilton Head instead of Savannah gets you many more resorts versus Savannah ..... you can be beach-front instead of river front, and drive to Savannah or wherever.

Texas
Level Contributor
49 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Priceline Hotels

What is the advantage/ disadvantage to staying across the river from HD?

Getting desperate, may have to try my luck on Priceline.

Thanks for any additional Information you can provide in using Priceline.

Texas
Level Contributor
49 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Priceline Hotels

I tried Priceline, but had no luck even when bidding $120.00 a night. I got a king room at The Marshall House, only hope it is a nice as it's rated. Anyone have any comments on this location, etc.

Will send a review after our stay.

Savannah,GA
Destination Expert
for Savannah
Level Contributor
4,200 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Priceline Hotels

Why go through all that trouble I just looked it up on Expedia, just pick it from $139.00

atlanta ga
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Priceline Hotels

Dont give up on priceline, you may be too far out on your dates to get a great deal (but note what your cancellation policy is for room you booked. There is really not an advantage to being across the river, other than reduced noise, butwe usually get the Westin for under $90/night, versus the ridiculous rates at other hotels. Savannah is harder to get a "deal in" because of the lack of competition when it comes to hotels in such a small area, which is why we often stayed in Hilton Head and drove to Savannah (Hilton Head is beachfront, Savannah is not). I have never paid over $100/night on priceline in the area, but it may be well worth an extra $30-50/night to get what you want, where you want, and not have any guessing when it comes to where you are staying.

Texas
Level Contributor
49 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Priceline Hotels

Thanks miketeresa for your input. I will try again for other locations in the future. Will just keep my fingers crossed that The Marshall House is good.

Charlotte, North...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Priceline Hotels

Miketeresa How close do you think you have to be to the trip to get under $100?

Edited: 3:21 pm, July 07, 2014
Alpena, Michigan
Level Contributor
262 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Priceline Hotels

I had asked about Priceline a while back and was referred to a site called www.betterbidding.com

I've looked all the information over at that site and it was really helpful. My only issue is I wanted to go with a 3 1/2 star but still want to be on River Street for those 2 nights and some at 3 1/2 weren't that close to River Street. We are looking at a Thur/Fri in the beginning of August and will be doing the bid on Priceline in a couple days for a 4 star and see what we get. At the betterbidding.com site that also have the links to help you bid from there.

Good luck in your venture.

Wilkesboro, North...
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Priceline Hotels

When I've booked on Priceline, my best deals have been either a day or two before I leave or around 6-8 weeks before I leave.