We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marriott or Hampton

Auburn, AL
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Marriott or Hampton

Which hotel is better in the Historic District? The Marriott Riverview or the Hampton Inn. I want to be close enought to walk to everything.

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,487 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Marriott or Hampton

The Hampton is the best if you want to walk around in the Historic District. The Marriot would give you a pretty good walk before you got to the central district. There would be things along the way, and you would be right on the River, but the Hampton is better located to the squares, museums and other things to see. Either would be a good choice. The Marriot has a TGIF Restaurant and you can get rooms right on the river (be sure to ask for one) The Hampton is only one block from the river with all it's shops, places to eat, etc. it's also a lot newer, but I don't know if that would make a difference.

Atlanta
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Marriott or Hampton

I have stayed at both. Take the one with the best rates. You can't go wrong.

DA
western,ky.
Level Contributor
34 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marriott or Hampton

Hi we have stayed at the hampton and it was more convenient to all of the walking that we did. All of the tours that we took picked us up at the hotel. You could cross the street and be pretty much at the riverfront. The marriott looked nice as well but was a pretty good walk to the town squares.

Get answers to your questions about Savannah