We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

new orleans or savannah? ( trip for my mom)

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
286 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
new orleans or savannah? ( trip for my mom)

Hi: my husband and I have been to both and love both for different reasons. This year we would like to take my mom with us in a trip. She is a young 62 years , doesnt drink, in a very good physical condition. She doesnt speak english , loves to go out and enjoy life.

What of this two places do you think will be better for her? Each place is wonderful in its unique way. The trip can not be more than six days. Two days will be traveling, so we will have four full days. Thank you.

Savannah,GA
Destination Expert
for Savannah
Level Contributor
4,169 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: new orleans or savannah? ( trip for my mom)

Been to both, Savannah no doubt. Much more to see & do in the area.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
29,059 posts
430 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: new orleans or savannah? ( trip for my mom)

Savannah is more walking friendly and so much to see and do- Wormsloe, Tybee Island, Ft. Pulaski, historic district, riverfront, etc. Also affordable hotels and great restaurants in Savannah.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
26,461 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: new orleans or savannah? ( trip for my mom)

Savannah is a great place to visit with so much history New Orleans is more of a entertaining place .

Archie, Missouri
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: new orleans or savannah? ( trip for my mom)

My best friend and I are both taking our mothers to Savannah next week! We love New Orleans too. I figured Savannah was a little slower paced but sill has so much history. We are also roadtripping to Charleston and Gatlinburg. I am sure your Mom will love any place you take her!

5. Re: new orleans or savannah? ( trip for my mom)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, March 19, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Savannah