We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mansion on Forsyth vs. Marshall Home vs. Andaz?

Boston...
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Mansion on Forsyth vs. Marshall Home vs. Andaz?

Hello all! Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

Just booked our flight and working on hotels now. We have never been to Savannah but have been dying to go! We are coming in for New Year's Eve.. very excited!

The Bohemian is already booked :( I'm trying to decide between these three (or any other suggestions?). We are looking for something romantic, don't mind if it is pricey if it is worth it. We want to be right in the historic district where all the NYE festivities will happen. Coming down from Boston, so, would love a place with Southern charm but still well kept, clean, etc. We are mid thirties, like a bit of something going on but nothing too crazy. Not into nightclubs or anything too scene-y.

I am leaning toward the Mansion but the other two look great too. Not sure the other two are worth the extra $?

Location is important, we want to be able to walk to the NYE celebration. Thoughts?

Thanks! ! !

Mentioned in this post
Savannah
Savannah
Georgia Coast, GA
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
15,999 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mansion on Forsyth vs. Marshall Home vs. Andaz?

Andaz.

By far the best location of those three.

Savannah,GA
Destination Expert
for Savannah
Level Contributor
4,496 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mansion on Forsyth vs. Marshall Home vs. Andaz?

I agree, Andaz, The Mansion is a good distance from where most of the action is. Marshall House has small rooms.

Boston...
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Mansion on Forsyth vs. Marshall Home vs. Andaz?

Thank you, Andaz it is!

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
900 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mansion on Forsyth vs. Marshall Home vs. Andaz?

We stayed at Andaz last year and it was super super nice. The king rooms are a bit small, but it's in a great location. Try to go to breakfast in their restauant at least once while you're there. Everything is fresh and tastes great. Their bar has candied bacon as a snack as well. Super choice!

Boston...
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Mansion on Forsyth vs. Marshall Home vs. Andaz?

Thank you RockChick, I'm so glad to hear that as I got free daily breakfast with my reservation! woohoo!

The South
Level Contributor
73 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mansion on Forsyth vs. Marshall Home vs. Andaz?

Hey Dianna! How was your stay? I am trying to decided between the Andaz and Marshall house myself!

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
1 post
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mansion on Forsyth vs. Marshall Home vs. Andaz?

We are at Planters Inn which is old, beautiful and right in the heart of everything. Our room was $92 on Priceline and comes with a light continental breakfast. Room is beautiful and the staff has been great. Plus free wine and cheese and cookies at night.

Boston...
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Mansion on Forsyth vs. Marshall Home vs. Andaz?

Update: Andaz was good especially the restaurant. The only thing I would say is that it was a little bit too New York .. A little cold and modern. We wanted a little bit more southern charm but the location was great. The price and the hotel itself made me feel like I was in NYC which was kind of a bummer... Guess it depends on what you are looking for!

Mentioned in this post
9. Re: Mansion on Forsyth vs. Marshall Home vs. Andaz?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 12, 2015