We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Creepy Crawls or Tara's Haunted Tours?

Greenville, SC
Level Contributor
341 posts
25 reviews
Creepy Crawls or Tara's Haunted Tours?

Trying to choose between these 2 tours? Would love some input from those who have experienced one or both. Thanks. I am a 50-year-old but will be traveling with my son and daughter-in-law who are in their early 20s.

Wilkesboro, North...
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
106 reviews
1. Re: Creepy Crawls or Tara's Haunted Tours?

I've been on both and both go to almost the same pubs/bars. If Greg is the guide, then I would definitely choose Creepy Crawl and if he's not then probably Tara's. When I took Tara's tour, she did them but I think she doesn't do that many any more and Greg doesn't either but I know he was doing them last year. I'd also ask when you book if there's a wedding party or anything like that booked at the time you're wanting to go as they can be rowdy and make it hard to hear the guide. Tara usually leaves from McDonough's and Creepy Crawl leaves from Six Pence Pub. I'd make sure and ask if they're going to Moon River as you don't want to miss that place. There are times when private parties are booked at Moon River they're not able to go there. Other bars they may go to are 1790 Inn, Abe's on Lincoln. They used to go to the Zunzi's location when it was Isaacs but I'm not sure if they're able to go there since it is now Zunzi's. They'll stop at Colonial Park Cemetary and tell you about some of their experiences along with the history of the cemetary. Have fun no matter which one you take and remember you're not likely to see or have an experience with a group. You're more likely to have one when you're least expecting it. Take a digital camera and make sure your batteries are charged and have backup. Ours have been fully charged on several ocasions and we go into the 1790 Inn and it drains the battery when we take a pic. Don't depend on a cell phone camera when you're out at night in Savannah taking photos.

Greenville, SC
Level Contributor
341 posts
25 reviews
2. Re: Creepy Crawls or Tara's Haunted Tours?

Great answer. Thanks.

3. Re: Creepy Crawls or Tara's Haunted Tours?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, December 04, 2014