We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If you are coming to Savannah soon------

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,487 posts
1 review
Save Topic
If you are coming to Savannah soon------

If you are coming to Savannah soon, take time to drive out Abercorn in the Savannah Mall Area. The median strip is planted in Crape Myrtles. They are blooming and it's miles of solid color. If you like flower displays, I am sure you will enjoy this one.

Clearwater
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: If you are coming to Savannah soon------

Nice Aileen, thanks for the tip!! :)

England
Level Contributor
471 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: If you are coming to Savannah soon------

I will be staying midtown in springhill suites arriving this friday so will be getting a great view of the flowers on the drive in .

Thanks for the post

Savannah, GA
Level Contributor
1,868 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: If you are coming to Savannah soon------

After the Crepe Myrtle blooms, an intricate seed cluster (that looks a little like a bunch of grapes) forms. If that cluster is cut off, the tree will bloom again....and sometimes if the process is repeated, the tree will bloom a third time in a season. Maybe each of us locals should adopt a tree and prune when the seed clusters form, thus prolonging the blooming season for our visitors. (We'd have to have one of those long-handled pruning thingies, though.) Maybe we could get tourists with horticultural interests to join us and, thereby, get to know our visitors better! A sort of down-home, median-based version of the Chelsea Flower Show.

England
Level Contributor
471 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: If you are coming to Savannah soon------

SavannahMame

Thats a Very good idea about adopting a tree I got to say On arriving in Savannah the whole city seems to have pride from the Airport to the HD ,

its great that there is also a site like this that locals and tourist can get and give such good information .

and I would like to thank every contributor I have got to say If I could up sticks and live in America the one city I could live would be Savannah , or out in the sticks it would be in the blue ridge mountains . Beautiful country and beautiful people

Savannah, GA
Level Contributor
1,868 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: If you are coming to Savannah soon------

HarleyRider....where in the UK do you live? My Brit husband used to say Savannah reminded him very much of England....are you similarly reminded. Perhaps you could live in Savannah part of the year and arrange some sort of exchange with a local who loves your part of the world. See you on the River for the fireworks on the Fourth.....it'll just be a few thousand of our closest friends, so we're all sure to meet up.

England
Level Contributor
471 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: If you are coming to Savannah soon------

SavannahMame

Good mornimg its 4.45am Savannah local time right now ,ain't got used to the 5 hour difference yet lol .

Well I live in the county of Kent ( garden of England its still known as.

Got to say the idea of living part Savannah / England sounds nice to me , but guess the work situation would be difficult to over come .

Oh boy wasn't it hot Saturday here in Savannah it must have reached 100 for sure and humidddd .

Yep will wave to you on river street on the 1st if ya see a crazy Englishman thats me ... lol

ok the crape myrtles are beautiful in flower I got to get a photo and post it on the site once I get back to England , with a full report of course.

7. Re: If you are coming to Savannah soon------

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, August 15, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Savannah