We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a Bed and Breakfast and throw me in a Ghost!

Tennessee
Level Contributor
58 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a Bed and Breakfast and throw me in a Ghost!

I am taking my mother (85 years old) on probably her last trip to Savannah GA. We will only be there for a couple of days near the end of September. I have searched Bed and Breakfasts on Tybee Island and Downtown Savannah until my eyes are crossed :) I can only find rooms with King and Queen Beds. We need two beds.. Does anyone have any suggestions on a B and B? Downtown Savannah might be fun if we could stay in a place with a ghost story or two... Or listening to the Sea Gulls on Tybee would be fine as well. Thank you in advance

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
18,760 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a Bed and Breakfast and throw me in a Ghost!

Planter's Inn -

plantersinnsavannah.com/savannah-georgia-acc…

East Bay Inn -

www.eastbayinn.com/deluxe-two-queen-rooms.htm

Great location - within a block of each other with the Pink House in between

Eat at the Pink House too -

http://www.plantersinnsavannah.com/menu.htm

Wilkesboro, North...
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a Bed and Breakfast and throw me in a Ghost!

Planters Inn or Marshall House would probably be the best since your mother is elderly. Most of the B&Bs do not have elevators and I'm sure your mom probably can't climb a lot of stairs. Either of these inns should have rooms with 2 beds. I'm not sure about East Bay Inn but it may be fine as long as it has an elevator. As far as ghosts, Marshall House and Planters Inn both are known to have ghosts. I'm sure East Bay inn does to but I can't recall off the top of my head a ghost story about it. Most all of the buildings in Savannah have ghosts but there's no guarantee they'll make their presence known while you're there.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
58 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a Bed and Breakfast and throw me in a Ghost!

Thank you for the two suggestions... How did I miss them in my Google search?? thank you for the links, very helpful!

Tennessee
Level Contributor
58 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a Bed and Breakfast and throw me in a Ghost!

Funny comment MZ about the ghosts! My mom watches all of the ghosts shows on TV and is determined she is going to see a ghost (LOL).. Yes, it would be very difficult for her to climb steps. I am checking out all 3 hotels. At first glance, all three have either twins or two double beds.. Yeah :) thank you..

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
18,760 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a Bed and Breakfast and throw me in a Ghost!

Tell the East Bay Inn that you WANT to see/hear a ghost - and see what they say.

6. Re: Looking for a Bed and Breakfast and throw me in a Ghost!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, August 25, 2014