We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotwire/ Hilton Desoto

Which Savannah hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
410 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Hotwire/ Hilton Desoto

We've been to Savannah many times but this time, we're just passing thru for one night. I think we have stayed just about everywhere over the years so I thought I'd take a chance on a 4 star hotel in the Historic District. I was slightly disappointed to learn that it's the Hilton Desoto, mostly because of the location but also, I don't think it deserves four stars. I'm not super familiar with that immediate area so any restaurants or nightlife suggestions in close proximity would be helpful!

Wilkesboro, North...
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Hotwire/ Hilton Desoto

I think you'll be fine at Hilton DeSoto as some say it's in the center of the historic district. You can walk to River Street or Forsyth Park with relative ease versus staying at one end or the other.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
132 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Hotwire/ Hilton Desoto

We've stayed at The Hilton Savannah DeSoto several times, and some renovations were just starting when we last visited five years ago. The hotel has a 3-diamond rating on AAA. All rooms do not have balconies; that being said, the corner rooms do have balconies, as well as a few other rooms on the front and back.

We always stayed in a non-smoking corner room on the club floor (highest floor) and could view the Talmadge Bridge from our balcony. Not sure if the club floor is still available, but there were complimentary cocktails and hors d'oeuvres in the late afternoon, complimentary breakfast in the morning, and complimentary beverages throughout the day; parking was also complimentary.

It is a great area to have as home base when visiting the historic district. Right outside the back door is E.Shaver Booksellers, plus the Flannery O'Conner Home, Forsyth Park, Mercer House, the Design District, Mrs. Wilkes, Clary's, etc are all within comfortable walking distance.

13. Re: Hotwire/ Hilton Desoto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 29, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Savannah