We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Memorial Day a BIG mistake?

Clinton, Tennessee
Level Contributor
6 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Is Memorial Day a BIG mistake?

I have planned a trip to Savannah, and I just realized it's booked on Memorial Day weekend. Yes, I'm a goober for not realizing sooner. Is this a big mistake? Is it going to be so overrun that I won't enjoy myself? Any locals out there to guide me???

Savannah,GA
Destination Expert
for Savannah
Level Contributor
4,200 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Memorial Day a BIG mistake?

Will not be a problem at all. Now going to Tybee for the beach can take an hour or more on Memorial Day if you leave after about 11:00 am

Clinton, Tennessee
Level Contributor
6 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Memorial Day a BIG mistake?

Thanks. We ARE planning on going to Tybee, but it will be in the morning. We can't stay away from there. We've been every year since our honeymoon, but never on a holiday weekend.

3. Re: Is Memorial Day a BIG mistake?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 18, 2014