We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant suggestions- birthday + family

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
118 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant suggestions- birthday + family

Hello- Our family will be in Savannah at the end of March and would like some restaurant suggestions for my birthday night meal. We are a family of 5 (kids are 6, 13, 15). Price point should be middle of the road. Two of us love seafood- the others will tolerate. I'd like to aim for healthier and steer away from fried food. Doesn't have to be anything too fancy- but should be great food or at least a unique dining experience.

I'm assuming we'll need reservations, but let me know if you think otherwise!

Thank you!

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
2 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant suggestions- birthday + family

My family loves Bella Italian - delicious & family friendly. Kids eat free sun-thurs. (12 & under). We also love Rocks on the River on Rivet Street. Half price pizza M-th 4-6:00pm & it is the best pizza in savannah. Great view too- on River Street. You can get seafood at both places. Enjoy savannah!!!

Wilkesboro, North...
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant suggestions- birthday + family

Look in the top 25 on this website and see if anything jumps out at you. I would need to know more what you consider unique. Several restaurants that offer good food are considered haunted and your children might find that unique.

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
118 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant suggestions- birthday + family

Thanks so much for the replies.

Half price pizza at Rocks on the River sounds like a great option! We'll actually be in Savannah for 4 nights, so if we don't hit it the first night, we can keep it in mind for another day.

MZV- "Unique" can be anything from creative food to interesting setting. The Green Truck Pub looks interesting. They're rebuilding their website- but looks to be local food and good beer, mostly focused on burgers?

I'm guessing the Pirate's House is one of those places with history/ haunts???

B. Matthew's also looks like a possibility based on Open Table rating.s

4. Re: Restaurant suggestions- birthday + family

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 08, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Savannah