We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel?

Troy, Michigan
Level Contributor
43 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Which hotel?

Friend and I are going for a weekend in may. We are both 26. I've narrowed it down to SpringHill Suites or Inn at Ellis Square, technically a Days Inn. Anyone have anything good or bad to say about either? Ellis is the better location I think but some reviews say too loud. Looking to spend no more than $200/night and I have AAA.

New Haven...
Level Contributor
41 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Which hotel?

We booked Hilton garden inn even cheaper but then I discovered the rates change depending on your check in day so we changed our arrival day. Parking here is 18 a day. There are surprisingly quite a few choices. I for one can't wait to get there

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
410 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Which hotel?

Dmic58, get the parking pass at the Visitor's Center upon arrival, park in one of the MANY public garages nearby and save the $18/day parking charges. We barely ever move our car once we check in so it's really not an inconvenience at all and it saves you a bunch of money in the long run!

New Haven...
Level Contributor
41 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Which hotel?

will do, thanks for the insider info!

Troy, Michigan
Level Contributor
43 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Which hotel?

Update!

Suite was way better than I expected and we saw some of the king suites and ours was more updated! 2 double beds with vaulted ceilings and L - shaped, huge room. Only complaints (small) is that we were facing Bay and Jefferson suites so it was a little loud at night, and we asked for late checkout and they gave us till 1130am, lol (standard time is 11, if you ask, most places will give you till 12 or 1). I would stay there again! Good free breakfast too.

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
13,235 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Which hotel?

Glad you enjoyed it and were pleased :-)

Troy, Michigan
Level Contributor
43 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Which hotel?

My friend was impressed with the room! I had forewarned her of the so-so reviews and that it's in the Days chain, lol.

27. Re: Which hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, May 10, 2014