We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip report 5/8-11

Which Savannah hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mishawaka, Indiana
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
trip report 5/8-11

We had a wonderful time and a very good experience in Savannah.

Everyone was so friendly and helpful.

We chose the Springhill Suites Midtown for our 3 night stay. The motel was spotless and the help was great. When we arrived we enquired about a good resturant for fish. The lady sent us to Pearl's Saltwater Grille. The food was delicious and very easy to get to from the motel. There also was a coupon in the motel lobby for a free cocktail.

Getting to the historic district was so easy. Straight down Abercorn St. We were able to find a parking place on the street on our second day. The first day we had parked at the trolley stop.

We did the Savannah Old town Trolley on-off tour and the Ghost tour. Both trips were very enjoyable.

We also went out to Tybee Island on the second day. Had a nice visit to the lighthouse and even sat on the beach for a couple of hours. The weather the entire trip was partly cloudly and cool. We're use to that kind of weather!

On the way back to our motel, we ate at Uncle Bubba's. The food was delicious.

We plan on going back to Savannah some day and on that trip we will take our bikes to get around town.

England
Level Contributor
462 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trip report 5/8-11

Sounds like you had a great time, the hotel you chose was a good choice and with easy access right into HD , no chance of getting lost .

Did you have a meal in Logans Road house , directly infront of Springhill Suites .

So where is Pearls Saltwater Grille ? dont think I have heard that mentiond in the forums.

Looking forard to my vacation over in june/july

England
Level Contributor
462 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trip report 5/8-11

Sounds like you had a great time, the hotel you chose was a good choice and with easy access right into HD , no chance of getting lost .

Did you have a meal in Logans Road house , directly infront of Springhill Suites .

So where is Pearls Saltwater Grille ? dont think I have heard that mentiond in the forums.

Looking forard to my vacation over in june/july

Mishawaka, Indiana
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: trip report 5/8-11

The Pearl's Saltwater Grille is on the Herb River. It is located at 7000 LaRoche Ave. Phone 912-352-8221. From the Springhill Suites take Abercorn towards HD. Turn right on Eisenhower. Continue on Eisenhower past Skidaway Rd. Eisenhower dead ends at LaRoche Ave. Turn right and it's right there. My husband had theCajun shrimp tortolinni. He loved it but couldn't eat it all.

We will go back to this resturant again.

4. Re: trip report 5/8-11

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, August 13, 2009