We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking at Savannah Trade Centre

Trenton, ON
Level Contributor
187 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Parking at Savannah Trade Centre

When I am in HHI in Feb, I am planning on a day visit to Savannah. I have read on this site that parking at the Trade Centre and taking the Ferry across is convenient. I have 2 questions:

Is the parking there free if you are just parking to use the ferry?

and

Do I need to worry about the parking being full if there is a convention happening?

Thanks for any info anyone can provide.

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
14,657 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking at Savannah Trade Centre

It is VERY convenient. It's my favorite parking location.

Parking is free when there is not a convention. The most I've ever seen it is $5 for the day, which I think is a steal. I've been to many conventions there since it opened (actually I was at the first one held there and they had to bring extra tables from Atlanta for the exhibit hall) and I've never seen the lot full. They have overflow parking on a grassy area is needed. When they are using that I usually park in the overflow because it's closer to the back entrance that authorized people are able to use.

In short, it's a great place to park. Just walk to the waterfront and get in line for the ferry - if there is one. If there's a convention there may be a line.

Wilkesboro, North...
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking at Savannah Trade Centre

Another option is stop at the vistior's center and buy a day parking pass for $7.00 and then you can park in any public garage or most metered street parking except for the ones labled with a time limit. This is what I do. I usually park in the Whitaker garage at City Market.

Parking at the convention center is great if the weather is nice but if it's cold or threatening rain, I'd rather be parked in the historic district.

MLK Visitor Information Center 301 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd. Savannah, GA 31401 912.944.0455. Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m.- 5 p.m. ...

3. Re: Parking at Savannah Trade Centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 31, 2014