We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight parking at visitor information center

Which Savannah hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
101 reviews
Save Topic
Overnight parking at visitor information center

Hi,

I've read several places online that visitors can buy a parking pass here ($7 for 24 hours I believe) and that people in self contained rv's spend the night 'camping' (simply sleeping inside their rv's, not setting up fully) in the parking lot.

Any opinions on this regarding safety, truth that this is true etc?

Thanks.

ktown

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Overnight parking at visitor information center

So, the verdict is you CAN park for the night in the visitor center parking lot. We (and about half a dozen rv`s, mostly huge ones) were parked there for the night. You buy a $7 parking pass at the visitor center (those people were not helpful nor friendly, but we got the pass) and watched the parking fellow ticket lots of cars in the parking lot, but none of those parked to sleep with the pass. I checked with the lady at the parking booth, who told us as long as we had the parking pass it was fine. Felt absolutley safe and had no problems.

ktown

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
11,829 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Overnight parking at visitor information center

Wow! Interesting.

I'm surprised.

And was wrong.

Glad it worked out for you.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Overnight parking at visitor information center

It was great actually. Besides the lower price, we were very centrallly located to explore historic Savannah. True that a campground didn`t get our business, but we spent that money at other establishments in the Savannah area.

ktown

14. Re: Overnight parking at visitor information center

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, March 21, 2014