We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snowbirds in Savannah area

Yorktown Heights, NY
Level Contributor
30 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Snowbirds in Savannah area

We are looking for our first winter escape from New York for next year (1/14 - 3/14). Any suggestions for places in or near Savannah that would have rentals for us (a couple in our 50's) and a large dog? My husband would like to golf at different courses in the area. I would like access to a fitness center and ideally an indoor pool. Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
30,621 posts
442 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snowbirds in Savannah area

If you want to go a little further south on the GA/FL border then I know there are villas to rent in Amelia Island . You will find golf, a fitness center, and indoor pools at the Amelia Island Plantation and some of the hotels also.

In Savannah there are a number of hotels with indoor pools and fitness centers and there are golf courses nearby.

Near Savannah in Hilton Head, SC you would also be able to find the combo of golf, fitness and indoor pool.

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snowbirds in Savannah area

Skidaway Island, just outside of Sav has 6 golf courses and a fitness center. I am not sure how you go abot renting but I am sure thye have rental places.

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
14,053 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snowbirds in Savannah area

If your husband likes golf, you may want to look at Myrtle Beach, SC or Hilton Head.

There are a lot of snowbirds in the coastal towns during Jan - March. Check VRBO for rentals. I know a lot of folks stay in the efficiency rooms of the Oceanside Inn and Suites on Jekyll Island.

It may be hard finding an indoor pool that is not at a hotel. Perhaps the fitness centers will have one.

Wilkesboro, North...
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snowbirds in Savannah area

Check out www.savannahgetways.com, www.stayinsavannahvacationrentals, or www.savannahdreamvacations.com

5. Re: Snowbirds in Savannah area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 09, 2014